Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Take Precautions around the Holidays

With Thanksgiving and Christmas on the horizon, it’s important to remember that many of our holiday treats are toxic to our furry friends. Chocolate is one of the most problematic treats for our dogs, especially during this time of year when it is readily available in many households. Chocolate is extremely toxic to your dog and requires emergency intervention when consumed in large doses. Additionally, holiday plants, such as poinsettias, are poisonous to both dogs and cats.

The best way to keep your pets safe during the holidays is to keep food and plants away from them to the best of your ability. Keep candy, cookies and plants at a high enough height in cabinets where they will not be accessible to your pets. If you do have any questions about specific items that your pet may have gotten into, it is best to contact poison control or local veterinary office right away. For more information on pet care, click here to visit our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment